By visiting www.energy-services.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Energy Services (Business Power) Ltd of Unit 4 Wakefield Office Village, Fryers Way Silkwood Park, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF5 9TJ.
Energy Services is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Energy Services may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect and process the following information that you give us:
- Name, company and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, enquiries and/or offers.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, operating system and platform, and other factors.
- Information about your visit, including the clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as clicks) and other factors.
- Information we receive about you from other sources, such as analytics providers.
Why do we need to collect and use your personal data?
The primary basis for which we intend to use your data is to provide relevant energy market updates. The information that we collect about you is essential for us to be able to deliver our services to customers. Without collecting your data, we would also be unable to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- For internal record keeping.
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To improve our products and services, and to notify you about changes to our service.
- To periodically send promotional information about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- To contact you for market research purposes.
- To customise the website according to your interests and ensure the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer our site and for internal operations including data analysis, statistical analysis and other work.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data held to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets in which case personal data held will be one of the transferred assets.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to other third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting unless you tell us that you don’t wish this to happen.